Monday, September 15, 2008

Look who we have here...


I got an email from Ricky today that had a picture in it, so I thought I would share :) Ricky said "I attached a picture of SGM Shoker and myself, he is one of the most professional Iraqis that I have met and worked with."
Ricky said he is doing good and that it is about 120 degrees there every day. Yikes! He lives and works in little tents, but those tents do have air conditioning, thank goodness!
We are over 5 months into the deployment now. If it were a regular 12 month deployment, we would be almost half way there, but since Ricky was one of the lucky ones and got a 15 month deployment (note the sarcasm), we still have 10 to go. Ricky will be changing jobs again in a few months, so that helps to give him a change of scenery and break things up a bit. But, all in all, Ricky is doing well and is enjoying showing off pictures of Lena to anyone who will pay attention. He's so cute! I am so proud of him!

No comments: