Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sock Monkey


A few days ago a package showed up at my door that had this little critter in it among other cool gifts for Lena. This package came from my dear friend Jessie who I met in Germany and whose husband is also deployed right now. I was nearly in tears (what's new?!) when I saw this little guy because I immediately recognized that he was made out of Army socks. It might sound dumb, but for those of you with a deployed husband, you know how comforting seeing some Army gear in your home can be...even if it is in the shape of a sock monkey. Jessie hand made this little monkey herself and I absolutely adore it, and I'm going to pressure Lena to make this her favorite toy :) haha. Thank you so much Jessie for your thoughtfulness, it really made my day. And I totally think you should start mass producing these bad boys and make some serious cash!

1 comment:

KarrieElizabeth said...

I am a bad cousin - but you have a beautiful daughter. I am happy for you and Ricky and have been praying for all 3 of you!