Sunday, August 24, 2008

I love school supplies


Tomorrow, August 25th, is my first day of graduate school! Originally Ricky and I planned that I would do an ERD (Early Return of Dependant) in order to go to grad school at USF to get my master's degree in school counseling. Then, we found out we were pregnant and I thought my plans for school were going to be put on hold. But, Ricky and I decided that I would go back any way! Why not?! We figure it is a good use of the time he is deployed and it will keep me busy...really really busy. I'm taking two classes and I will attend class two times a week in the evening and my mom is going to watch Lena. I'm excited about going back to school but after attending the orientation last week I am a bit intimidated after their "you're going to work harder than you ever have in your life speech," YIKES! I have my back pack ready and pencils sharpened! Wish me luck! :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! There is truly nothing that I love more than taking grad classes during a deployment. No lie! The last deployment flew by because I was knee deep in books and then again with baby during field problems! I hope that you love it as much as I do! Good luck! By the way, great book bag! :)

Anonymous said...

I have been in your shoes! It took me 8 years, two marriages, two children, 4 out-of-state moves to finish and that was only my B.A.! The time is going to pass regardless. Don't give up. There will be times when you will want to end, but many wars have been won in the last hour. Even though you are a mother, you still have to remember to do things for yourself! We love you, support you and are very proud of you.

In my prayers,

Natalie