Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lena is 2 weeks old today





Today is Lena's 2 week old birthday. It's been difficult since Ricky has left, but so far we are hanging in there, just taking it one day at a time. It's amazing how much you rely on that second pair of hands. But, I have family and friends who are helping me until I get myself put back together, and that has been a life saver. I still have 4 more weeks of recovery from the c-section, but I think my recovery so far has been going really well; I can even drive now!

Lena went in for her 2 week weigh in and she weighed 6lbs. 11oz., so she is still 1.5 oz below her birth weight, so I will take her in again next week to make sure she surpasses her birth weight.


On her 2 week birthday, she got her first real bath. Here are some pictures of her crying through it.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How on earth can she be crying when she looks so cute dressed up like a chicken?! Maybe she prefers the pig?

Unknown said...

Yeahhhh.....congratulations! Welcome baby Lena. The photos are just beautiful...oh...and Ricky looks very GQ! Tell Jess her pics are fabulous. Oh, also tell her congrats....I'll have to catch Doug up on all the baby news.

Take care and pinch that baby's cheeks for me.

Carol