Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Guess who's here!

What an answer to prayers! Ricky is home and Lena hasn't made her arrival yet!

After traveling for almost 6 whole days, Ricky is home and very jet lagged. We had a sweet reunion in the Tampa International Airport that involved tears and quite the public display since Ricky was still in his uniform. In addition to the proud and supportive Americans we saw in the Tampa airport, Ricky had one man in particular who gave up his first class seat on the flight from Atlanta to Tampa so Ricky could ride in comfort and be sure that he got on the flight since he was on the standby list. Those proud and supportive Americans touch my heart. Thank you kind stranger, you got my husband to me hours earlier than expected, and when you only have 18 days together out of 15 months, you treasure the hours, the minutes, and the seconds.

Ricky took pictures of what his life in Iraq looks like so we'll be sure to share them soon. Keep checking back! Lena has received her eviction notice and should be here any day now and we couldn't be more excited. Praise God! We are so grateful to be together to share in the birth of our Lena.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you guys! Now you just need Lena to arrive! Enjoy your time together. -The Adams

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Yay!!!!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME, RICH! Your story of the airport arrival made me cry, and I am so incredibly excited for all of you. Enjoy the next few days, and Jan...start walking NOW! :) I talked to Scott yesterday and he asked for me to tell you both hello and good luck! We love you! Can't wait to see Lena!

Jessica | for | Capture Photography said...

YAY!!!! and you would give Lena an eviction notice...crack me up.

love you guys....GOULET!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that your family is reunited! God has watched over each of you thus far, so I know that He will bring Lena along soon, safe and sound. I cannot wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

This is excellent news and what a touching story! Please continue to keep us all updated. Welcome home, Ricky!!!

Lauren

Sweet European Dreams said...

what a great story! I went to the 4th of July parade here and practically boohoo'd through most of it. Americans are the greatest!